INTRODUCING CANADA’S FIRST
HEALTHY TECH SOLUTION PROGRAM
Created and supervised by Dr. Shimi Kang MD, Adolescent Addiction Psychiatrist
Technology has changed our lives and it is here to stay.
As Society has progressed, many have swapped physical interaction for online interaction and daylight for artificially emitted blue l ight. Research f indings suggest that blue l ight can impact sleep patterns, social media use is l inked with anxiety, depression, and body image symptoms, and internet addiction disorder has become a medical diagnosis.
Parents and educators now have a new & important role:
“teaching, guiding, and overseeing the establishment of a healthy technological diet for their children and teens,” says Dr. Shimi Kang, MD, FRCPC — UBC Clinical Associate Professor & Founder of Dolphin Kids: Future- ready Leaders Programs.
Just l ike our diet of food, a tech diet consists of:
- Healthy tech – positive social, educational, and creative use
- Junk tech – limited video games & scrolling social media
- Toxic tech – comparisons/FOMO, cyberbullying, pornography, abhorrence groups.
What is the Tech Diet Solution™?
Children, youth, and adults will learn how to restore balance with their devices using Personal Assessments, Screenings, 1:1 Coaching, Online Webinars, Take Home Plans, & More!
- Health screening for tech overuse & associated conditions ( anxiety, depression, self- confidence, addiction, etc.).
- 1 : 1 motivational coaching sessions to encourage positive change towards healthy, balanced tech & l i festyle choices.
- Learn the science of technology use and it’ s impact on our physical, emotional, social, and mental health.
- Assess your diet for toxic technology VS. junk technology VS. health technology and maximize healthy choices.
- Practice digital citizenship skills including issues of privacy, security, plagiarism, and respect of property.
- Individualized take- home treatment plan and resources for student and family.